PNR Newsletter.pdfRead full post
Potential Opportunity For Certain Taxpayers To Avoid Certain International Compliance Penalties For The 2019 And 2020 Tax Years
The IRS recently issued Notice 2022-36, which provides a potential opportunity for penalty relief to certain people and businesses who file certain 2019 and 2020 tax and information returns late. The relief applies to the failure to file penalty which is typically assessed at a rate of 5% per month and up to 25% of […]Read full post
Leslie Share recently presented “Making Changes to Irrevocable Trusts: What Can You Do?” for National Business Institute. This webinar reviews how practitioners may “fix” otherwise “broken” irrevocable trusts using techniques such as general and limited powers of appointment, Trust Protector amendments, substituting “outside” property, tax reimbursement clauses, judicial and nonjudicial modification, judicial reformation, settlement agreements […]Read full post
H-1B season is here! There are 65,000 H-1B visas available each year with an additional 20,000 allotted to foreign nationals with U.S. earned master degrees. Last year, there were more than 300,000 H-1B petitions filed, causing USCIS to conduct a lottery to determine which cases would be accepted for processing. For the third year in […]Read full post
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has issued policy guidance confirming that, effective November 12, 2021, certain dependent spouses of individuals in H-4, E and L status will qualify for an automatic extension of work authorization up to 180 days. Employers should accept the following documents for I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification purposes during the automatic […]Read full post
This week, President Biden issued Presidential Proclamation 10294 which eliminates the geographic COVID-19 travel bans and adopts new COVID-19 vaccination requirements for all international air travelers to the United States. The new COVID-19 vaccination requirements for international air travel will take effect on November 8, 2021. With limited exceptions, Proclamation 10294 suspends entry of unvaccinated […]Read full post
- Identifying and Reporting the Proper Taxpayer in International Structures
- Preserving the Community Property Character of Marital Assets When Moving To The United States
- Proposed Legislation Once Again Seeks to Alter the United States Expatriation Rules
- Foreign Spousal Rights and Investment in the United States
- Are You Contemplating U.S. Income Tax Residency Status? If so, Plan Accordingly
- U.S. Income Tax Withholding and Beneficial Ownership, Caribbean Today, June 2007
- The Impact Of An Installment Sale And The Potential Branch Profits Tax Liability For Any Foreign Corporation Doing Business In The U.S.
- Foreign Life Insurance Trusts – More Bang for the U.S. Buck?
- Taxation of the Internet–A Work in Progress That Doesn’t Yet Work
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts Have Potential Tax and Estate Planning Benefits
- Final Domestic v. Foreign Trust Status Regulations Include Significant Changes
- The Florida Intangibles Tax–A Less Evil?
- Like Kind Exchanges Can Defer Tax On U.S. Real Estate Sales
- Do You Have Business Profits From a United States Permanent Establishment?
- Offshore Wealth Preservation Trusts–The Anderson Case
- U.S. Tax Considerations of Foreign Investment in U.S. Real Estate
- Just Off The Boat, Trust Fund in Hand