Meet Alfredo R. Tamayo
Alfredo is a shareholder with Packman, Neuwahl & Rosenberg, a Miami, Florida based law firm who practices in the areas of international taxation (both inbound and outbound) and general taxation, including business planning and estate planning. Alfredo particularly specializes in and devotes a large part of his practice to the Federal income taxation of international transactions involving foreign investors with U.S. businesses and investments and U.S. investors with foreign businesses and foreign investments. Alfredo received his B.S. from Villanova University, his J.D. from the Shepard Broad Law Center at Nova Southeastern University, and his LL.M in estate planning from the Villanova University School of Law. Prior to being admitted to the Florida Bar, Alfredo was a Florida certified public accountant (CPA) with 10 years of experience in public accounting primarily dealing with international tax planning and compliance issues.
- Villanova University, School of Law, Taxation LL.M., Estate planning certificate program
- Nova Southeastern University, Juris Doctor
- Villanova University, Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Member, Florida Bar (Tax Law section)
- Member, Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, American Association of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants
- Former Co-Director of International Tax Division of the Tax Section of the Florida Bar
- Contributor, Tax Residence and Coronavirus Working Group comments on Rev. Proc. 2020-20 and FAQs, May 14, 2020.
- Principal co-author (with Paul D’Alessandro, Jr., Ellina Berdichevsky, Jennifer Wioncek, Michael Bruno, Steven Hadjilogiou and Leslie Share), Florida Bar Tax Section’s request for further guidance on CVID-19 relief in Rev. Proc. 202-20 and FAQs, May 14, 2020.
- Principal co-author (with Leslie Share and Jennifer Wioncek), Florida Bar Tax Section’s request for relief to tax residency rules from COVID-19, March 26, 2020.
- Co-author (with Shawn Wolf and Leslie Share), “The New Electronic Filing Procedure for FBARs”, Florida Bar Tax Section Bulletin, Fall 2014
- Co-author with Shawn Wolf, “A ‘Relevant’ Pre-Immigration Tax Planning Issue,” The Florida Bar Bulletin, Spring/Summer 2012
- Co-author (with Steven Hadjilogiou, Erika Litvak, and Abrahm Smith), Florida Bar Comments to FATCA Proposed Regulations to Chapter 4 of Subtitle A (Sections 1471 through 1474) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, April 2012.
- Co-author (with Abrahm Smith and Margarita Muina), Florida Bar Tax Section’s Comments on Draft Form 8938, 20 July 2011.
- Co-Speaker (with Leslie Share): “Look Before (After) You Leap –Tax, Estate and Wealth Preservation Planning for High Net Worth Latin American Families Moving to the United States”, Florida Bar 40th Annual International Tax Conference, Miami, FL, January 2022
- Co-Speaker (with Leslie Share): “International Foreign Investment in the U.S. – Tax and Related Matters”, Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants Webinar, December 6, 2021.
- Co-Speaker (with Leslie Share): “International Foreign Investment in the U.S. – Tax and Related Matters”, Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants Webinar, May 24, 2021
- Co-Speaker (with David Warren): “
Domestic Asset Protection Trusts: Planning and Pitfalls”, Florida Bar Creditor Protection Nuts and Bolts Webinar, March 26, 2021.
- Co-Speaker (with Leslie Share): “Business and Passive Investment Holding Structures for Foreign Investors After the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: Opportunities, Traps and Tribulations”, Florida Bar 37th Annual International Tax Conference, Miami, FL, January 2019
- Co-Speaker (with Shawn wolf): “Community Property Considerations for the Florida Practitioner”, The New Tax Lawyer Committee of the Tax Section of the Florida Bar, Miami, FL, April 2018.
- Co-Speaker (with Marian Ancheta Llera and Giev Askari), “FATCA W8 Workshop”, Florida International Bankers Association, Miami, June 2015.
- Speaker: “FATCA: How it Can Impact a Law Firm’s Private Clients”, World Link for Law Annual Conference, Miami, May 2015.
- Breakout Session: “How to Prepare Form W-8BEN-E and Other Relevant “W” Series Forms”, STEP Miami 6th Annual Summit, Miami, FL, May 2015
- Co-Speaker (with Peter Cotoroceanu), “FATCA, The OECD’s Global FATCA, and The Fiduciary Industry: Current Challenges and Practical Next Steps,” Florida Bar 33rd Annual International Tax Conference, Miami, FL, January 8, 2015
- Co-Speaker (with Toby Lawrence), “The Nuts and Bolts of Complying with and Implementing FATCA, “Florida Bar 31st Annual International Tax Conference, Miami, FL, January 10, 2013
- Co-Speaker (with Shawn Wolf), “FATCA Update,” Alpha Kappa Psi, Boca Raton, FL, October 26, 2012